8/3/11

Kentucky Vacation 2011

Human Hair Wreaths



Welcome to Fort Harrod in Harrodsburg Ky. After leaving Danville, Ky, we traveled over to Harrodsburg. This fort is truely an experience that I loved. They were very interactive with us, and gave alot of insight into how it was back in the old days. They even let Clay help make a hook at the Blacksmiths. The museum was also very exciting. They said no pictures, but I have to admit I cheated an took a few-with no flash of course. They had a wreath made of human hair in there, yes that is what I said, human hair, when a person died they took some of the hair and made a momento of that person. This is the picture above, it is beautiful, I could help but take a picture of it. Even though Clay kept saying that he was gonna turn me in for breaking the rules. I threatened to just leave him there if he didn't hush about it. Haha, I will remember that the next time he breaks the rules.


Inside the fort

Learning how to be a BlackSmith

Clay in School


1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Catching up on some of your posts. Sounds like you all have had a nice summer. My Mom and Dad used to take us for a lot of little trips like this. I have lots of good memories of camping trips where we would visit all kinds of historical places like this during the day.
I can see why you couldn't help but take a pic of that hair wreath. I have to admit looking at it is kind of wierding me out a little, LOL. Especially when you said it is hair made from dead people. I have never heard of such a thing. Whoever made those has some real talent...odd talent, but still talent. LOL

51

As a 1930s wife, I am
Average

Take the test!

Clays 8th Birthday