4/30/10

New House, Vacation, and lots of work

Well its been a very busy time here at our house. First of all we stayed the first night here Feb. 28th. We have officially lived here for 2 months. My sister in law moved out on Sat. and she had her "helpers" come to our old house to help us move a few boxes out. Okay to say I was not prepared for what was about to happen was an understatement. I was scrambling to get things packed for them to take out. Wow, if I ever felt sentimental about anything, it left me after that day. A person accumulates a whole lot of stuff in their life and I had quite a bit. We leased out our old house for one yeat, they really want our house but had to wait until their son bought theirs first. We worked and worked on putting stuff away, sorting thru and organized alot of our stuff. The simple fact was, we were combining 2 complete households, that is: 7 bedrooms, 2 offices, 4 living rooms, 2 kitchens, 4 bathrooms, 2 laundry rooms, 2 basements, 2 garages, 2 outbuildings, 1 sunroom, 1 dining room; did I leave anything off? Its now the end of April and most things are put away, we had a huge yardsale, and plan to have another one, we are getting back into a routine and I am feeling really comfortable at this point.
We went to Washington, DC for spring break. Don't ever go during spring break, everyone sends their child to DC at that time. I haven't ever seen so many kids in my life. We did have a very good time. This was our second trip, we left and Clay was sick, threw up in the car, then threw up at Mt. Vernon (George Washington's Estate) luckily the for times there were outside....He got to feeling better on the 3rd day. I am thankful for the opportunity to go.
We are getting ready to plant our garden, my mother in law has done a wonderful job with all the flowers and the landscaping. Now I cant wait to go camping again.

Enjoy the pics.





4 comments:

Erica Simpson said...

And you hung out at our house! :)

Can't wait to see your new house moved in to!

Staffanne said...

Wow girl, you have had lots going on! Loved the photos! And, I love seeing you at the MM.

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

I am so glad you got settled in your new home. I ask Clay about it every morning. By the way, he is such a gentleman; he opens the door for me every morning! Loved the pictures. I want to go to DC someday, but will definitely wait until the boys are bigger. I am sure Clay loved all of the history. I loved the last picture;the trees were gorgeous. Glad you got to spend time with your family and create everlasting memories!

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

I am so glad you got settled in your new home. I ask Clay about it every morning. By the way, he is such a gentleman; he opens the door for me every morning! Loved the pictures. I want to go to DC someday, but will definitely wait until the boys are bigger. I am sure Clay loved all of the history. I loved the last picture;the trees were gorgeous. Glad you got to spend time with your family and create everlasting memories!

51

As a 1930s wife, I am
Average

Take the test!

Clays 8th Birthday